First Onsite partners with Alert Labs to help clients proactively minimise water damage
Mississauga, United States – First Onsite Property Restoration (First Onsite), Canada’s disaster recovery and restoration providers, announced that it has entered into a partnership with Alert Labs, a provider of solutions for real-time water usage monitoring, flood detection, and analytics. The partnership will help First Onsite’s commercial clients proactively minimise water damage, reducing emergency repairs and disruptions to building services while improving water conservation efforts.
“Property damage caused by water related events accounts for nearly 70% of First Onsite’s emergency responses. With this partnership, we can offer property managers, building owners, insurance companies, and other clients solutions to reduce risk and improve water efficiency,” says Dave Demos, CEO, Canada and global client solutions for First Onsite Property Restoration.
“Alert Labs’ partnership with First Onsite means that more customers will reduce the significant losses and subsequent insurance claims that result from water damage. Our water intelligence platform will enable First Onsite to provide these important services to their customers along with valuable water consumption insights. Together, we look forward to helping customers not only protect their buildings but also reduce costs and use water more sustainably,” says Bob Wasserman, CEO at Alert Labs.
Oftentimes, water damage to facilities is associated with severe weather events such as overland flooding, heavy rainfall and winter storms. Although serious, the effects of these events can often be mitigated with proper preparation as there is typically some forewarning prior to impact. Water events associated with plumbing infrastructure failures are more covert, not easily detectable and can equally affect building infrastructure.
Even minor leaks not caught over long periods of time can create environments where mould growth flourishes. Microbial growth can start developing on wet surfaces within 48 hours and can make its way into hard-to-reach areas within a building’s structure. When left unattended, water damage leads to harmful mould growth, structural degradation, health risks, business interruption and higher costs related to remediation.
- Alert Labs AlertAQ water intelligence platform and cellular-connected sensors provide minute-by-minute water use insights and 24/7 emergency alerts.
- Its Floodie flood sensor is a small puck-like leak detection product that sends alerts when the sensor encounters water.
- For areas or buildings that are sensitive to humidity and fluctuating temperatures, the Humie humidity sensor gains real-time visibility and sends alerts if conditions change beyond acceptable levels.
- The Flowie-O water flow sensor uploads minute-by-minute water use data to the AlertAQ platform to identify water consumption patterns, including unusual water use.
- With the Shuttie automatic water shut-off valve, water lines can be shut off remotely to stop water flow before bigger issues occur.
After responding to property disasters of all kinds across Canada, First Onsite understands the value customers can realise from implementing proactive measures and through effective disaster preparedness. First Onsite is extending its offerings to better service clients and address real needs by providing solutions that reduce risk, manage costs, and provide data insights to better manage property assets.
Comment on this article below or via Twitter @IoTGN