Smarter Technologies launches ‘all-in-one’ IoT smart data management platform
Matthew Margetts of Smarter Technologies
Launched in 2022, SmarterView is the official dashboard for Orion, The Real-Time Data NetworkTM and property of Smarter Technologies Group. This new data management platform aims to: solve the lack of asset visibility; reduce manual management tasks; improve compliance and reporting; reduce downtime and asset failure; and provide powerful, real-time insights that allow you to optimise your operations effectively.
Smarter Technologies’ chairman, Mark Read says, “Through networks such as Orion, the world around us is becoming an increasingly connected one. It’s one thing to collect the data, but its usefulness is only as good as its management and analysis. With SmarterView, you can measure and manage anything you can imagine.”
How it works
Connected to the Orion Real-Time Data Network, Smarter Technologies’ smart sensors and tags turn everyday objects into smart IoT devices. Tag any high-value asset, tool or equipment with the small, robust, wireless smart tags to collect various vital data points, such as location, sound, vibration, temperature, status, and more.
Data from tags is transmitted wirelessly and in real time using Smarter Technologies’ Orion Data Network. You can then command, control, monitor and manage your assets on SmarterView. This comprehensive asset management overview allows for immediate action, automation and analysis.
Using SmarterView is claimed to be as simple as:
- Creating your account and logging in
- Viewing your company profile, portfolios and sites on the dashboard
- Configuring alerts and automations for specific devices
- Reading the data of all IoT devices and solutions connected to your site
- Understanding your data
Crucially, the smart analytics and AI capabilities of SmarterView make it easy for you to gain a summarised or detailed overview of the data collected by your sensors and tags. At a glance, you’ll be able to see:
- A summary of your device, including the latest read time, the physical location, a description of the device, and any issues
- A recorded log of alerts that have been triggered over the last five years.
- A historical log of commands that have been given to the device.
- Combined statistics, which include your energy consumption totals and your consumption by hour, day or phase, depending on the meter. This is where you will get the most insight into your daily operations.
Smarter Technologies’ director of sales & marketing, Matthew Margetts, says, “One of the most useful applications of SmarterView in the current climate is for effective energy management. By using the IoT to connect your electrical and mechanical systems to the cloud-based SmarterView platform, you’ll have access to data and insights that offer actionable insights for innovations and cost-saving solutions. For example, SmarterView enables energy load balancing and phase readings that enable you to reroute power to a battery between units to balance your electricity consumption more efficiently.”
No matter the application, a data-first approach with real-time, data-led analytics and insight will help you optimise your operations and keep your organisation ahead of the curve amid a challenging business context.
For more information, contact the Smarter Technologies team.
Comment on this article below or via Twitter @IoTGN